1.07.2008

Art in its many forms


I'm an aspiring artist. The problem is: I can't figure out which media I prefer. This one is pencil/paper/digital, but I've also done photography, watercolor, and oils. Then there's writing - my true love.

I would love to someday have a job that enables me to write whatever the heck I want and get money for it. (Yeah, that'd be sweet, right?) The biggest hurdle I now face is: how to get there.

I saw a brief segment on TV yesterday, where a well-spoken, well-educated, and very inspiring lady mentioned writing. She said, "If you want to be a writer, self-publish. Self-publish your first book and hustle. Get your book in as many places as you can, sell as many copies as you can, and once you've sold a number of copies that you're comfortable with, take your book to a publisher and say, 'ON MY OWN, I've sold this many copies. Give me a chance.'"

This was inspiring for me, since I am currently working on three different books.

Suggestions? I'm listening.

1 comment:

wordwitch said...

wow - you are one talented dude, my friend. I'd be happy to edit your book if you'd like me to.